| Home | Terms of Use | Site Map | Contact Us |
IndustryCommunity.com > Manufacturing Community > Welding/Metallising for Maintenance and Repair Forum > Message
Main Menu

[ List Subjects ][ Post Message ]
[ View Followups ][ Post Followup ]

Subject: Re: tig conversion

Date: 10/06/01 at 8:45 AM
Posted by: Duane
E-mail: dcsmachine@edgenet.net
Message Posted:

In Reply to: tig conversion posted by david on 09/24/01 at 5:52 PM:

There is a thing called a "buz box" you can hook
to an AC stick welder to do AC TIG, (aluminum welding)
The box has HF in it and runs an air cooled TIG gun.
These are only good for once and awhile stuff. I
just bought a new TIG that I would highly recomend,
a Miller SD 180 TIG / stick. It has HF and is an AC
DC machine with 180 amps. It uses an air cooled tourch
and comes with everything you need except the bottle
of argon and filler rods for $1500, real good deal!
Lincon also makes one like it called a 175 pro I
think, just make sure the one you get has HF. (High
frequency) This jumps the arc to the work and is needed
to do aluminum work. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Follow-up:


Message to Post:


1999-2001 Sunlit Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.