[ List Subjects ][ Post Message ]
Subject: AC motor + inverter for positioning application ?
[ View Followups ][ Post Followup ]
Date: 06/30/03 at 6:57 PM
Posted by: G Gomez
Given the nature of my application, a servo motor might be the answer. However, for price considerations, I am trying to compare possible options with an AC motor with an inverter (most likely requiring vector control), and a controler for position control.
Can you suggest brand or vendor for the motor-drive combination.
Some info on the application.
- Motor drives a linear positioning system
- required ramp acceleration and deceleration
in very short times, even between 0 and Max.Speed
- Motor-driver must be able to effectively handle
- Power of the motor in the order of 5Kw
- Motor with inverter duty, given that it needs to
be able to run repeatedly on both senses.
- Accuracy of motor positioning, in the order
of 1 degree (if the motor is directly coupled
to the linear system, i.e no gearhead)
Post a Follow-up: