[ List Subjects ][ Current Board ][ Post Message ]
Subject: THE WORLD’S SMALLEST, LOW PROFILE, THERMOELECTRIC COOLER CONTROLLER
[ View Followups ][ Post Followup ]
Date: 02/07/03 at 6:47 AM
Posted by: Vladislav Dremakov
In Reply to: Re: NEW ULTRA-COMPACT THERMOELECTRIC COOLER CONTROLLER posted by xxh on 02/06/03 at 11:17 PM:
THE WORLD’S SMALLEST, LOW PROFILE, THERMOELECTRIC COOLER CONTROLLER
• Proportional and Integral Control
• Peltier Effect (Thermoelectric Coolers) Controllers
• High efficiency
• Very Low Output Noise
• Hybrid Switching Full-Bridge PWM Drive Architecture
• High Efficiency H-Bridge Drive Circuits
• Gain and Integrator Time Constant set with Single Resistors.
• Single Power Supply Operation +2.8 to +5.5 Volts D.C.
• Current Limit: 1A, 2A or 3A.
• ± 3 Ampere Drive Capability
• Independent Cool and Heat Current Limit Adjustments
• Temperature Stability Better Than 0.01°C
• Thermistor Linearity Correction Compatibility
• Temperature Monitoring Output
• Maximum TEC Voltage Programmability
• Small Size Hybrid Circuit Construction (physical size PCB: 15mmx15mm)
The New Temperature Controller is a compact for Thermoelectric Coolers (TEC) used in fixed temperature OEM applications.
The device is designed to operate with a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) thermistor that senses the temperature of the object attached to the TEC.
Temperature is set with a user selected resistor.
Temperature stability of 0.01°C is achieved by the linear PI control loop of the New Temperature Controller.
Proportional gain and integrator time constant are set independently with resistors.
No external integrator capacitor is needed.
These parameters can be optimized to minimize temperature overshoot and stability.
In addition, the maximum cooling and heating current supplied to the TEC can be adjusted independently from 0 to 3 amperes with two resistors.
The New Temperature Controller is a Full-Bridge thermo-electric cooler (TEC) controller specifically designed for high performance opto-electronic products where precise temperature control is required and can be used for both heating and cooling operations.
These products tune or stabilize sensitive optical components in applications that include frequency tunable fiber optic lasers, photo detectors, waveguides and other dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) components.
Other applications include microwave transistors in new wireless basestations.
The New Temperature Controller uses highly efficient (>90%) pulse width modulation (PWM) technology, allowing the controller to be conveniently mounted near the TEC without adding heat to the system.
The New Temperature Controller operates on a single voltage supply, greatly simplifying supply requirements, with an operating frequency that is high enough to eliminate detrimental thermal stresses to the TEC.
Post a Follow-up: