In Reply to: NEW ULTRA-COMPACT THERMOELECTRIC COOLER CONTROLLER posted by dremakov on 06/24/02 at 5:02 PM:
NEW ULTRA-COMPACT LASER DRIVER
This laser driver is capable of delivering up to 6A continuous current at up to 95% efficiency.
This laser driver is an integrated, full-featured synchronous switching with output voltage adjustable from 1.0V to 3.8V.
The laser driver is APC circuit, CW-mode.
The laser driver operates at a constant frequency pulse width modulation (PWM) mode.
On-chip resistor less current sensing enables current mode control, which provides cycle-by-cycle current limiting, over-current protection, and excellent step load response.
The laser driver features power tracking, which makes the start-up sequencing of multiple converters possible.
A junction temperature indicator conveniently monitors the silicon die temperature.
The laser driver is specified for operation over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
The laser driver can supply up to 6A continuous output current without the use of external power devices or externally attached heat sinks, thereby minimizing design effort and overall system cost.
On-chip resistor less current sensing is used to achieve stable, highly efficient, current-mode control.
An on-board sensor monitors die temperature for over-temperature conditions and can be connected directly to provide automatic thermal shutdown.
Features of the laser driver:
• 6Amp continuous output current
• Small Size Circuit Construction (physical size PCB: 18mmx15mm)
• Very Low Output Noise
• High efficiency Up to 95% efficiency
• Single Power Supply Operation 4.5V to 5.5V (input voltage)
• Adjustable output current or output power
• Cycle-by-cycle current limit
• Precision reference
• High switching frequency
• Internal soft start
• Over voltage and current protection
• Junction temperature indicator
• Over temperature protection
• Under voltage lockout
• Multiple supply start-up tracking
• Power good indicator