[ List Subjects ][ Current Board ][ Post Message ]
Subject: Re: CMOS ICs
[ View Followups ][ Post Followup ]
Date: 08/03/01 at 8:19 PM
Posted by: Ray
In Reply to: CMOS ICs posted by SHRUTHI M.K on 08/01/01 at 7:14 AM:
The typical failure is overvoltage on the inputs.
1) Do you have any long (>4") leads attached to
2) Do you have any long lines attached to your PC
board. I've had ESD/handling spikes travel through
3) Do you have any solenoids.
4) Is there any chance the inputs/outputs are
being powered up before the chip?
5) Are ESD procedures in effect during production.
I had a friend of mine blow up 40 out of 100 chips
by not paying attention to ESD while handling chips.
They can be damaged and fail later.
4) It's hard to troubleshoot without information.
Post a Follow-up: