In Reply to: exposure time and dosage posted by Dave on 12/20/02 at 9:37 PM:
European Regulations require that accumulated Xray dose for :
- personnal professionnaly exposed to be lower than 50,000 uSv/year
- public to be lower than 1,000 uSv/year
In your post you don't specify if you were exposed to 25 uSv /h or /s. Without more precisions from you, I would guess / h but I cannot garantee
1) you have had chance that time.
2) have in mind that a basic radiography at hospital exposes you to about 1000 uSv (80 kV - 30 mAs at 30 cm) and physicians are kamikaze in comparison with what is required in industry
3) if you are an engineer that has to work in this field, first thing would be to learn these norms and to know by heart all xray dose calculation and units (MKS and old-fashioned US too ;-)