| Home | Terms of Use | Site Map | Contact Us |
IndustryCommunity.com > Electrical and Electronic Community > Printed Circuit Designers' Forum > Message
Main Menu
Glossary of Printed Circuit Design and Manufacturing

[ List Subjects ][ Post Message ]
[ View Followups ][ Post Followup ]

Subject: Re: PADSPower PCB Router

Date: 07/30/03 at 8:17 AM
Posted by: KARTHIK PVS
E-mail: karthiktilak@yahoo.com
Message Posted:

In Reply to: PADSPower PCB Router posted by Sarkuna on 07/30/03 at 3:38 AM:

Generally a trace is a polygon with rounded ends.
It is beacause of the trace width associated with it. Imagine routing a trace as painting with a brush. Because of the pen width the ends appear rounded, not square.

Genrally the trace width is also known as pen width. The lines drawn by pens have rounded ends rather than square ones.

It is not possible to change it to a square one, in any of the CAD tools/softwares. There is no such option.

But I have seen that in HP-UX machines, where cadence is installed, the trace ends are usually square instead of round.

Follow Ups:

Post a Follow-up:


Message to Post:


1999-2001 Sunlit Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.