In Reply to: High current PCB layout tips needed posted by Jacob Fenton on 04/24/03 at 7:06 PM:
1) Segregate the components used on the board based on thier current rating. Low, medum, and high.
2) Have their return paths as seperate as possible.
3) Do not route your signals above the plane which does not carry the return path of those corresponding signals. This will lead to more EMI noise on the board.
4) Tightly couple the every signal with its return path. This will control the common mode emissions.
5) Use UL specification when it comes to the trace seperation between the high voltage and the low voltage lines.It is around 120 mil I guess.
6) Use thicker traces i.e low impedance paths for your signals.
7) Avoid slots or large holes in the planes which serve as current return paths for you high voltage signals.