In Reply to: interference and phase shift in RC posted by janet on 02/28/03 at 1:01 AM:
1. The reflected signal from the submarine will be attenuated such that it will not interfere with the direct signal. FYI: A resistive paint on the sub will further attenuate the reflected signal. This is the way the stealth airplane works.
2. If the system has more than one control signal, on subcarriers, a PLL will seperate the signals.
3. I think RF signals have the same index of refraction as light, so you can look it up in a table.
4. The antenna should be made of stainless steel, brass, or bronze, or aluminium.
5. The speed of the sub will be slow, so Doppler effect will not be noticable.
6. Radio Shack and DigiKey sell boxes and enclosures. Request a free catalog: www.radioshack.com & www.digikey.com