| Home | Terms of Use | Site Map | Contact Us |
IndustryCommunity.com > Electrical and Electronic Community > Analog Circuit Design Forum > Message
Main Menu

[ List Subjects ][ Main Page ]
[ View Followups ][ Post Followup ]

Subject: Car Amp PSU Circuit - Knowledge Quest

Date: 05/03/02 at 10:25 PM
Posted by: Jules
E-mail: jkbenson1@hotmail.com
Message Posted:

I am very interested in high power car amplifiers, and am particularly interested in how manufactures generate the higher voltage split supplies from 12VDC. These big mosfet amps need + and - 75 VDC to operate at those high output powers.

Most circuits seem to have a pretty small toroidal transformer with very few windings comprised of pretty thick conductors on the primary and secondary windings. Are these part of a dc to ac inverter or a dc to dc converter? I've also discovered that some of them run at different frequencies i.e. 100 Hz to 100 KHz, why?

Can anyone explain or supply any info on the above?

Thanks Jules

Follow Ups:

Post a Follow-up:


Message to Post:


1999-2001 Sunlit Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.