[ List Subjects ][ Main Page ]
Subject: Some basic questions
[ View Followups ][ Post Followup ]
Date: 10/16/01 at 1:14 AM
Posted by: Abbas
I have some basic questions regarding RF concepts.
1. What is the significance of 1dB compression point in the transmitting amplifiers ? What about the various intercept points.
2. How we the noise figure and What should be the ideal value for noise figure ?
3. At which point in an RF chain does the noise figure play the most important role.
4. What all factors should I take into account before selecting an LNA ?
5. Which category of amplifier devices are used in the design of Microwave transmit amplifiers.
6. What is usually the ideal value for trans-receive isolation in a duplexer ?
7. What is meant by space diversity and where is it used ? Is it used for protection of Microwave equipment
8. Are there other protection schemes for Microwave equipment ?
9. What is the distance between the Antennae for achieving space diversity and why.
10. How dBd and dBi are related
11. What happens to the return loss at infinite VSWR ? I think it becomes zero ideally. Am I correct?
12. Why is intermodulation typically worse on the duplexed systems
I know I always get my problems solved here.
Thanks in adavnce
Post a Follow-up: