In Reply to: Software Engineering Internship Wanted! posted by Sarah Michener on 10/09/02 at 9:49 PM:
I am a student at the Indian Institute of
Technology, New Delhi, currently pursuing my
textile Engineering in third year (in a 4-year
degree program ).
In order to further my skills in engineering and
technology and also to enhance my knowledge base
I seek a summer internship opportunity at your university.
I came across your address while browsing through
the website on the internet and found that if i get
the opportunity to do my summer internship in your
university which perform in the field which is related
to my interests.
In our institute we have to do summer training for at
least 55 working days as it's a degree requirement here in
IIT Delhi (INDIA).
An internship opportunity would definitely help
me consider higher studies in future.
I am herewith enclosing my resume for your kind
perusal. I promise the maximum from my side,
given a chance.
Looking forward to hearing from you very soon.
Anubhav Kr. Goyal
E-MAIL ADDRESS : firstname.lastname@example.org
MAILING ADDRESS: L-50 sales tax colony,ram ganga vihar,mda colony,Moradabad,Uttar
DATE OF BIRTH : August 22, 1982
MAJOR : Textile technology
AREAS OF INTEREST : Dyeing, Printing, Finishing,
Fibre Science, Computer programming
COMMUNICATION LANGUAGES:Fluency in English & Hindi
Current Institute : Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Degree : B.Tech
Department : Textile technology
Semester : 5 th (3 rd year)
CGPA (on a scale of 10):6.403
1997-1999 : Parker Inter College,Moradabad,Uttar Pradesh,India Secured
80% in Intermediate Examination(Grade XII)
1995-1997 : Parker Inter College,Moradabad,Uttar Pradesh,India Secured
74% in High School Examination(Grade X)
1992-1995 : St’ Paul’s College,Moradabad,Uttar Pradesh,India
· Textile chemical processing chemical processing of fabric dyeing, printing
and finishing including machines.
· Fibre science – study of common fibres.
· Yarn manufacture – from ginning to yarn formation.
· Fabric manufacture – weaving, knitting and non wovens.
· Polymer chemistry
· Man made fibre manufacture
· Technical textiles
· Textile testing
PROJECTS (current & completed)
1. Study the various characteristics of common fibres (Major Project)..
This project aims at study of Fibre’s chemical and physical properties
.The fibres included in this project name as cotton,jute, flax, acetate,
diacetate, triacetate, lyocell, viscose, nylon, polyester, acrylic, and
PVC, PVA, PVAc and carbon fibres.
The study was used to prepare teaching aids to be used in classrooms
2. Eco-friendly dyeing and finishing (Mini Project).
Project on the eco-friendly dyeing and bio-finishing.
It includes the bio-finishing of denims, eco-friendly dyes.
3. Term Papers
1) Measurement of mass variation in card line.
2) Application of technical textiles in the field of Defence.
3) Anti-microbial textile preparation.
4) Presentation on the working of Tape Loom.
1) Summer job under Professor Manjeet Jassal for three months (year 2001)
2) Worked in Synergy Printing Limited (Gurgaon, India) for three months
1.Standard C/C++ (Linux/Unix)
5.SQL and Oracle
0THER ACHIEVEMENTS (Academic & Non-Academic)
· Hostel representative in Board of Student Publication of IIT Delhi.
· Chief Editor of the Institute magazine “Campus Rampus”.
· Topped in school in XII & X.
Extra Curricular Activities
· Active participation in Dramatics club at hostel and institute level.
· In the hostel cricket team.
· Volunteer in the National Literacy Mission (Year 1998).
· Volunteer in the Security and Video in the Institute Cultural Festival(Year
· Listening music.
· Reading (mostly fiction).
· Playing cricket.
· Making collage.