SX]: SXList Emedded Starter Contest: January Winner JANUARY
- http://www.sxlist.com/techref/ubicom/bindicator/index.htm the Bindicator remote display by Timothy L. Hosey
- http://www.bigdaddymike.com/SX/ BigDaddyMike has started on a VTEC controller. VTEC makes another set of cam lobes activate so the engine can get more AIR/FUEL. Nice flowchart, waiting to see code.
**** W I N N E R ****
Timothy L. Hosey.
Tim has one SX DEBUG and an SX Ethernet Demo board on the way! That is a complete $350 development system with In Circuit Debugging, an SX 52, a RealTec Embedded Ethernet Adapter, switches, lights, connectors, etc.. on a board with prototypeing space. EVERYTHING needed for emebedded development with your PC.
There are no entries yet for February! Just get me some code:
THE SXLIST EMBEDDED STARTER CONTEST
For the new year, my goal is to enable YOU to get involved in SX embedded microcontroller development especially if:
* You have worked with other microcontrollers and are looking for something
- - a bit faster ( 50-100 MIPS Not just MHz, MIPS!),
- - lower power use in low speed modes,
- - where you can watch it run (on-chip ICD),
- - and crank out new solutions with the same hardware (virtual peripherals).
* You have time but not necessarily money. Students, mature kids, hobbyists, retired persons and devoted computer enthusiasts. SX processors are one of the lowest cost systems to get started with where you actually get a complete and professional development environment.
* You like to learn new things but don't necessarily know anything about computers. There is no better way to learn than to just get started...
To make this happen, starting in January 2002, I will:
- Give away at least one development system a month to the most deserving applicant (in my humble opinion) who has written an original SX program and is ready to debug it.
- Give away Ethernet SX Stack Evaluation Kits like the ones used in the SX FAST EMBEDDED ETHERNET contest to anyone who presents me with source code for an SX stack application that is ready to try on the internet.
- Answer questions, provide resources and make suggestions as needed... just post using the form on the page below and be sure to check back or include an email address.
What do you have to do?
Just check out the site at
http://www.sxlist.com/techref/ubicom/contest/starter.htm and then send me comments, questions, or the one thing I REALLY want: Code... code that needs a chip to run on and a debugger to help clean it up.
James Newton, Host of sxlist.com
1-619-652-0593 VM 1-208-279-8767 FAX
SX FAQ: http://www.sxlist.com
P.S. Sorry about the cross posting in analog... though I was still in this forum!