Can anybody explain this???
I am working on a power supply which uses a high frequency switching regulator.
I have been warned that people in the past, when working with this technology, have gotten fairly severe shocks in their ears when answering the lab phone.
Can I assume that they were getting charged up due to the radiated emissions from the switching regulator?
Then when placing the phone to their ear, they discharged to the phone's ear piece -causing the shock?
If my wrist is tied to E-GND via a Gnd Strap, will I avoid this?
How good are ground strps?
Should I tie it to my head? (Just Kidding)
Why is it only the phone which might cause this shock, and not simply hitting a grounded chasis?
Let me know!