In Reply to: Conductive plastics posted by Duane on 08/14/00 at 7:17 AM:
There are a number of companies that make these materials. Material suppliers like LNP Engineering Plastics (Exton, PA) and The RTP Company (Winona, MN) can easily make Delrin (or other acetals) that are conductive.
The problem is that you probably don't want raw material (pellets), but an extruded shape that you can machine into fixtures. In that case, you will need to buy an extrusion from a processor who stocks these materials. This can get fairly expensive, particularly if what you need is not a stock material or size.
You can try these companies that specialize in custom extrusions, and may have what you need:
1. A.L. Hyde Greenlock, NJ 609.227.0500
2. Afton Plastics Lakeland, MN 612.436.8058
3. Certified Thermoplastics Burbank, CA 818.846.3883
4. Comco Plastics Richmond Hill, NY 718.849.900
5. DSM Polymer Corp Reading, PA 610.320.6600
6. EGC Houston, TX 713.447.8611
7. Ensinger Washington, PA 412.746.6050
8. Global Plastics Aston, PA 800.547.6978
9. Westlake Lenni, PA 610.459.1000
I would be very suprised if one of these companies didn't have exactly what you need.