In Reply to: job mechanical/hardware engineer posted by conna navarro on 08/11/00 at 8:52 AM:
Florian Teodor (Teddy) Trica
2479 Friskie Avenue
Port Coquitlam,BC,V3B 7P9
Tel:(604) 468 – 4872
OBJECTIVE : A rewarding career in a dynamic company.
POSITION : Mechanical, Manufacturing, Design-Diesel fuel systems, Test cell, Compressor Engineer/ Technician
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
More than 10 years experience in Mechanical Engineering, aboard ships, in Engine Room, with many foreign companies.
Comprehensive background in ship’s systems (propulsion, cooling, hydraulics and pneumatics, lubrication, compressed air, bunkering and fuel transfer, auxiliaries).
Work experience with Diesel engines ( Generators and also heavy fuel oil Engines) from 2,400 H.P –20,000 H.P., slow engines, fast engines, (Sulzer, MAN, Mitsubishi, Daihatsu)
Excellent manual skills, ambitious and efficient hard working team-player, dynamic and problem-solver in many emergency situations.
Solid experience with COREL DRAW, WINDOWS-Office and some knowledge of UNIX and OS/2.
Very good speaker of German, French, Italian, Spanish.
Prevention and fighting marine pollution from ships
Survival at sea and use of rescue facilities. 1998
Fire prevention and firefighting aboard ships.
Medical intervention in an emergency.
Courses at Maritime Training Centre Constanta, Romania, recognized by I.M.O.
(International Maritime Organization)
“Mircea cel Batrin” Marine Institute, Electromechanic Faculty, Civil 1984-1988
Departament, Constanta, Romania.
Bachelor degree in Electromechanical Engineering.
Delivery Driver Oct.2000- present
Domino’s Pizza, Barnett Hwy., Coquitlam.
3rd Engineer ( Mechanical Engineer)
- Maintained and repaired in Engine Room during the long voyages made on the ships with 2400.t.d.w. 100.000 t.d.w. equipped with many types of Diesel engines, in difficult conditions of rocking, vibrations, high temperatures,noise, and sometimes very big storms.
- Supervised from Control Room all the functioning parameters (pressures, temperatures, levels) and actuated immediately in any dysfunctional problems ( high / low pressures , high / low temperatures )
- Continuously verified the Electric Panel’s parameters ( A, V, W, Hz ) and prevented any dangerous overload, which could produce an unexpected “black-out”.
- Co-ordinated a team of oilers,wipers, motormen and fitters, for a well balanced function of all systems during my watch, and, in emergency, worked with other engineers for the best solution (changed piston from main engine, changed high pressure pipes).
- Fuel oil, heavy fuel oil, lubricating oil bunkering from tanks, sometimes more than 18 non-stop hours.
ZIM ISRAELI NAVIGATION CO.,Haifa on “Zim Iberia” Container 1999
Ship( 49,000 t.d.w.- Sulzer engine, slow, 12,500 H.P.)
ATLANTIC BULK CARRIER LTD.Piraeus,Greece on “Bulk Explorer” 1998
Ship( 48,000 t.d.w. Mitsubishi engine, slow, 12,500 H.P.)
POLEMBROS SHIPPING Ltd.London on “ Lia”Ship 1996
( 69.000 t.d.w. – Mitsubishi engine, slow, 14,200 H.P.)
POLEMBROS SHIPPING Ltd.London on “ Linardos”Ship 1993
( 100,000 t.d.w. – Mitsubishi engine, slow, 20,000 H.P.)
TRIPOD SHIPPING Ltd. Piraeus on”Minerva”Ship 1992
( 7,500 t.d.w.-Daihatsu engine, slow, 4,500 H.P.)
I.P.O. Tulcea ( the biggest fishing company in Romania) on “Iezer” 1988 – 1992
fishing boat ( 4,200 t.d.w. – MAN engine, slow, 2,800 H.P.)
“ Irene Kreativ ”SRL Ploiesti, Romania (in Optics Branch).
- co-ordinated and supervised department of 12, for the nationwide spectacle frames and lens distribution (Max-Austria,Marcolin-Italy,Paco-Rabane – Spania).
- Demonstrated excellent marketing skills in 6 month (increased the sales by 45%).
- Organized and supervised an exposition with all the customers, where I exposed the last model of Dioptron.
Owner and General Manager
“ Corisan ”SNC Ploiesti, Romania
- Developed and managed a small business with my associate, opening a store with a large variety of home tools, machines and instruments, like: spanners, screwdrivers, pliers, screws, teflon, silicon and many others.
REFERENCES : Available upon request