More opportunities at Agilent! We are on fire!
1015046 — R&D Engineer, ASIC Verification (Post Silicon)
Location: Roseville, Ca; Santa Clara, Ca
Our R&D lab is responsible for developing and marketing application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) solutions in the storage networking market. We have active development projects in our industry-leading Tachyon Fibre Channel controller IC business as well as in emerging storage networking IC businesses. We offer a challenging and dynamic working environment with opportunities to make a substantial contribution in exciting new product development. We work on cutting edge technology in a high energy, team oriented environment.
Our team is looking for Engineers with a background in the right mix of hardware, firmware and VLSI verification skills.
In this position, you will be involved in the requirements, architecture, design, and implementation of new tools that will creatively exercise and diagnose complex VLSI chips. You will be working closely with cross-functional teams to understand and develop verification tools that can provide timely engineering feedback. In addition, you will be active in program verification strategies, planning, and execution.
· Bachelors degree in EE, CS, CE, or equivalent
· Minimum 3 years experience
· Strong C/C++ programming skills
· Solid understanding of embedded systems fundamentals
· Strong knowledge of hardware and computer architecture
· Experience in VLSI verification
· Experience debugging complex ASIC hardware
· Experience with high speed bus interfaces (e.g. PCI)
· Experience using logic analyzers to capture high speed bus traces (e.g. PCI, Fibre Channel)
· Detailed knowledge of storage protocols (e.g. Fibre Channel, SCSI)
· Post-silicon verification experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies
· Masters degree or higher in EE, CS, or CE
· Experience using or programming Tachyon Family of Fibre Channel Protocol ICs
· Proven leadership skills
· Experience leading engineering design architectures
· Experience defining program verification strategies
· PCB design experience
· ASIC design experience
· Pre-silicon verification experience
· Functional, system, and solution test experience
· Experience in / Knowledge of storage networking
· Development experience with VxWorks
· Development experience implementing multiple new technologies
· Experience in test planning, test case design, and test automation.
· Experience working with customers and external vendors
· Outsourcing experience
· Proven technical leadership skills
· Experience leading cross-functional teams
· Good presentation and speaking skills