Process Engineer -Job # 34336
LOCATION: US - IL - Illinois - Lake Forest
INDUSTRY: Plastics - Injection Molding
BIO/PROFILE: State-of-the-art injection molding company that has been servicing the packaging, electronics, chemical and food industries for over 20 years. Full service Tooling, Assembly and Engineering capabilities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Job responsibilities require candidate to be able to qualify new/existing molds transferred from outside. Provide engineering support for plant production to trouble shoot injection mold process & tooling and also implement automation systems. Perform Design of Experimentation (DOE) at any time that is required. Complete process capabilities study, use statistical techniques to improve product and process quality. Providing customer service support to resolve molding and quality problems and also to certify molds.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be detailed oriented, able to work with minimal supervision and is willing to go the extra mile to resolve challenges.
EDUCATION: B.S. degree in plastics engineering is desirable but not necessary
EXPERIENCE OR EQUIVALENT: Required Experience: 5 + years
· 8-10 years of "hands on" injection molding process a plus
· 3 + years experience in high reliability automation implementation
· Proficiency in project management and product scheduling
· Experience with or willingness to learn Solidworks software
· Experience in injection molded plastics component and mold design
· Excellent hands on knowledge in tooling, materials, molding equipment and automation
· A demonstrated ability to move quickly to higher levels of responsibility
· Ability to work as part of a team in a high volume fast paced production environment
BASE PAY: N/A
BENEFITS: Competitive salary & benefits
RELOCATION COVERED: No
JOB TYPE: Employee/Full Time
REQUIRED TRAVEL: Negligible
Remember to ref: Job # 34336