In Reply to: Urgent : CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM professionals for Pune (India) posted by HEADS2YOU,Mumbai on 01/05/03 at 1:27 PM:
I would like to establish my career in the field of design and analysis with an organization, which promises growth and learning options to develop my potential to the fullest.
Class Specialization School/
University Year of Passing Aggregate
M.Tech Advanced Manufacturing
Engineering National Institute Of Technology Karnataka Surathkal,
V R Engineering College, Nizamabad (A.P) J N T
X ___ K.V.A.F.S.
Field worked at ISAC:
• Structural design/analysis using Msc.Patran/Nastran (v 2001r3)
• Modeling/ analysis using I-DEAS (v 9.0)
• FEM Analysis Packages: Patran/Nastran (v-2001r3), Ansys (v5.4)
• Programming : Pascal, C
• Modeling Packages : I-deas(v-9.0)
• Knowledge of FEM and Composite Materials.
Extra Curricular Activities:
• Volunteer, XVII NCICE Conference 2001 at NITK, Surathkal.
• Joint Secretary, ISTE Student’s chapter at VREC, Nizamabad (A.P)
• Secured highest marks in FEM (92%) in M. Tech.
• Presented a paper on “Weight reduction in automobile component through polymer composite materials with advanced manufacturing techniques” at Adhiyamaan College of engineering Hosur.
• Secured 91.58 percentile in GATE 2001.
• Awarded with Gold Medal for securing first position in the college at VREC Nizamabad (A.P).
• Awarded with Gold Medal for securing first position in Mechanical branch at VREC Nizamabad (A.P).
• Secured highest marks in Strength of materials (99%) in B. Tech.
• National Merit Scholarship awarded by Air Force Welfare Association, IAF India.
• Awarded with Merit certificate for securing highest marks in mathematics (98%) & chemistry (95%) in All India senior school certificate examination.
• Awarded with Silver Medal in National Talent Search Contest.
Title: “Design and analysis of precision support structure for a Satellite Subsystem.”
Organization: ISRO Satellite Center (ISAC), Bangalore.
Brief description: A supporting structure for satellite subsystem is optimized, designed and analyzed to achieve higher design efficiency in terms of strength, stability, and stiffness for reduced mass. The model is optimized for minimum weight under the fundamental natural frequency constraints using Msc/Nastran. A special joint modeling is done to incorporate joint flexibility and to know the forces in the hinges with normal mode analysis and static analysis.
CAD tool: I-deas (v 9.0) CAE tool: Msc/Nastran & Patran
Elements used: CQUAD4, CBEAM, CBUSH
Analysis: Normal mode, Static, Buckling, Frequency response, Transient response
Duration: 8 months
Title: “Design, fabrication and testing of light weight GFRP Maruti leaf spring”
Brief description: A ‘C’ program is developed for finding the effective modulus of different sequence of laminas having different orientation of fibers constituting a complete laminate. The effective modulus of the spring is used for designing the GFRP leaf spring for the same stiffness. The sample GFRP leaf spring is fabricated by compression molding technique and it is also tested for equivalency of the existing metallic leaf spring used in Maruti car.
“Saint Gobain Vetrotex India Ltd., Hyderabad”, sponsored this project
In-plant Industrial training:
• Undergone a 2 months training on Msc/Nastran and I-Deas at ISRO Satellite Center (ISAC), Bangalore.
• Undergone training program on Ansys at NITK, Surathkal.
• “Design of solar array for a satellite”
A solar array was designed for satellite for frequency constraints. Normal mode analysis and sensitivity studies were performed by using Msc/Nastran. Studies are carried out for improving the bending stiffness of the array.
CAE tool: Msc/Patran & Nastran Analysis: Normal mode analysis
• ”Optimization design and analysis of a flywheel.”
The mass features of the flywheel have been initially determined in a traditional way. Then, the finite element dynamic analysis and optimization design of flywheel has been carried out to get superior performances.
CAE tool: Ansys (v 5.4) Analysis: Transient
1. Dr. P.S.Nair 2. Mr. P.S.Shamnad
Group Director, Scientist / Engineer,
Structures Group, Structures Group,
ISRO Satellite Center, ISRO Satellite Center,
Bangalore – 560017 Bangalore – 560017
Father's Name: Sangivi Narayana
Date of Birth: 02/07/1980.
Languages: English, Telugu, Hindi
I here by declare that the above stated is true to the best of my knowledge.
Date: ( Sangivi Prashant)