Itec Resources is a technical search firm. We are working with a colleague who is looking to fill the following position. Client is located in the Chicago, IL area and is willing to relocate the right candidate. Specs follow for this POWER SUPPLY DESIGN ENGINEER opening:
Design and develop ballasts, ignitors, capacitors, materials, product packaging, enclosures, and/or related equipment using approved design techniques and procedures., including the subsequent follow-up through production and field application. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
· Work from specific objectives and use prescribed methods to develop designs for ballasts, transformers, ignitors, capacitors, enclosures, packaging, and/or material related processes that meet specified cost and performance parameters.
· Write assembly and test specifications for new products, materials, or processes.
· Determine the proper materials that are to be used in each product and participate in test programs for new materials.
· Specify and monitors tests for product compliance with the applicable standards required by government agencies.
· Evaluate product, material, or process performance as necessary to support the Quality, Manufacturing, Field Service, and/or Marketing functions.
· Issue complete and concise reports regarding the performance of new or improved company products, as well as products made by our competition.
· Conduct audits and testing on selected products and/or materials/material processes to assure continual compliance with design and/or process requirements.
· Participate in the initial production phases of product/process design and all subsequent manufacturing inquiries and problems.
· Bachelors degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline or suitable previous experience in a similar or related function.
· 2-6 years experience when coupled with an engineering degree.
· Strong technical skills with detailed knowledge in an appropriate discipline
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to interact with and contribute to cross-functional teams
· Personal computer expertise, especially using spreadsheets, word processing, and database type applications
· Organizational and communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects or tasks
· Willingness to travel to remote manufacturing facilities and customer sites as requested
· Knowledge of statistical tests, familiarity with statistical process control
PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING:
· Make technical decisions based upon his/her observations and consults with more experienced engineers as needed.
· Use own judgment in overcoming minor technical problems that arise, referring only unusual and/or difficult cases to supervisor.
Position will pay to $70k. No sponsorship (candidates must be U.S. Citizens or GCH). Willing to relocate the right person.
PLEASE SEND RESUMES/INQUIRIES DIRECTLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org.