Candidates may reply to the given id for more details
Position: Brake Systems Engineer
Candidates must be based in US only & must be an H1 or a Greencard
Description: Manage / coordinate the ABS and RWAL Programs with DaimlerChrysler on current production and forward model year Dodge Dakota and Durango Platforms. Additional responsibility includes coordination of 4 channel traction control development program for 2004 M.Y.
Education Level: BSME / BSEE
The following qualifications are preferred, but not an absolute requirement: - ABS experience - system, component, and diagnostic level - Basic understanding of foundation and actuation systems - Basic understanding of vehicle testing and data acquisition
- B.S. Engineering, 2 years automotive engineering work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent Teamwork ability
- Willingness / ability to travel ( avg of five 3 - 5 day trips per year)
Desired Years of Experience:
- 3-4 years automotive engineering related work experience
- Working with the customer, establish the system / vehicle performance requirements and specifications and assure conformance with this specification
- Lay out engineering program timing and milestones (what has to be done, by whom, by when), make certain this information is properly communicated, and make certain the timing is met. Assume responsibility for the accomplishment of tasks.
- Make certain all customer commitments are met.
- Track all open engineering issues for each program and make certain they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist the customer as required with all aspects of vehicle packaging;
- Assist in identifying validation requirements for both performance and durability, ensure that all testing is carried out, and analyze test results.
- Work closely with the ABS vehicle development group to ensure proper performance is achieved
- Construct SFMEA for system or subsystem supplied to customer
- Support customer assembly plants during launch phase and volume production.
- Develop dealer service plan with the customer.
- Monitor reliability performance and develop warranty reduction plan.
- Assist in resolving design issues as required.
- Assist in resolving commercial issues as required.
- Assist in resolving production issues as required.
- Make certain that all relevant information pertaining to the above functions is properly communicated, both within LV and to our customer (as appropriate)