1. Coordinate and supervise all functions necessary to ensure the efficient and reliable maintenance of the plant for optimized production levels.
2. Requires a high degree of ingenuity to support the optimization of plant equipment through the scheduling and performance of corrective/preventative maintenance and the utilization of new products and methods.
3. Implement and utilize computerized maintenance management program at the plant.
4. Establish and implement the routine maintenance program and preventative maintenance procedures. Schedule preventative and corrective maintenance.
5. Ensure that an adequate inventory of materials and supplies are available to support routine maintenance programs. Review status of spare parts and requisition as needed. Maintain spare parts history and implement and maintain inventory control.
6. Establish and implement tool control and inventory program to support routine maintenance.
7. Maintain high level of interaction with maintenance personnel. Evaluate personnel in maintenance group. Assist in plant training program.
8. Coordinate outages in conjunction with Plant Manager and Division outage planning function.
9. Take responsibility for plant housekeeping.
10. Provide back up for Plant Operations Supervisor during absence.
11. Coordinate maintenance subcontracting as required.
Experience Requirements (as defined in the job description):
Requires a thorough understanding of all aspects of power plant maintenance, and a good working knowledge of turbines, generators, boilers, and instrumentation and controls.
Requires five (5) years of related power plant experience.
Requires strong verbal and written communications skills, and interpersonal skills necessary to supervise nonexempt personnel.
Requires a strong ability to present, explain and defend rationale behind actions taken during the course of buisness in a concise and logical manner, because of the highly regulated and complex nature of the business, before division management and government personnel.