Role and responsibilities
Layout of Analogue and Mixed Signal modules in deep sub-micron CMOS
Requires 2+ years plus in backend layout design, preferably gained in the
development of Analogue/RF IC's.
The experience should encompass all aspects of a typical mixed signal/RF
design flow using current tool-sets.
1. Backend Layout and foundry services
1. Layout of analogue and RF cells.
1. Should have a good understanding of standard layout
techniques for analogue an RF design design. Examples are
common centroid, symmetrical structures.
2. Layout of precision on-chip transistors, resistors,
capacitors and inductors.
2. Chip level layout
1. Chip level floorplanning and routing.
2. Layout techniques for minimizing cross-talk.
2. Design tools
1. Experience gained as part of an IC development.
2. Knowledge of current design tools and methodologies applicable to
System on chip.
B.Eng., B.Sc. or higher in Electronics, Mathematics or Computing related