Main Functional Role & Responsibilities
Company Technologies will comprise of several teams engaged in wireless
product development, including, RF & digital LSI, DSP algorithms, Protocol
software, embedded software and hardware platforms. The job will involve the
hands on management of application engineers through all life cycle stages
of multi-disciplined projects. It is also essential to be able to
communicate with LSI teams on a technical level.
* Team Leading - Technical and personal development, recruitment, project
* Quality - Process, Configuration Management
* Lead system integration stages through to project completion.
* 3rd Party Liaison and Subcontract Management of IP suppliers.
* Technical Authority for complete software and hardware platform
* IEEE / ETSI Protocol and Air Interface standards tracking.
The Engineering Manager will report to the Vice President Engineering. It is
expected that the engineering manager will build a multi-disciplined
team with team leaders covering DSP Algorithms / SW, Protocol SW, Embedded
SW and Hardware/RF reporting into them.
The candidate should have 8 years post graduate experience in the
development of Wireless Solutions , plus at least 2 years project / man
management of embedded project teams. Ideally some of this experience should
have been gained within mobile communications and Wireless LAN environments
(GSM, TETRA, WB-CDMA, 802.11, HiperLAN, Bluetooth etc). Hands on experience
of delivering quality process and regulatory compliant systems on time is
essential, as is exposure to the complete product development life cycle.
Experience of project management (particularly tracking to time and
functional quality) is also important.
B.Eng., B.Sc. or higher in Electronics, Mathematics or Computing related