In Reply to: US-AZ-Senior RF Engineer (Antenna Design, 20 Positions) posted by Dave Moen on 09/19/00 at 2:42 AM:
I am hereby submitting my detailed resume for the said post. Kindly give me reply soon.
Dr. M. JAYA KUMAR
Seeking constructive career advancement and augmenting the professional expertise potentials in the state-of-art technology and contribute it to the company for its development.
1997 September to till-date
Post : Scientist / Engineer
Company : Indian Space Research Organization
Address : Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
Trivandrum - 695 022, Kerala, India
1996 April to 1997 August
Post : Senior Lecturer
Company : Thapar Institute of Engineering & Tech.
Address : Department of Elect. & Electronics Engg.
Patiala - 147 001, Punjab, India
Ph.D. in Electronics Engineering
Specialization in Microwave Devices
University of Delhi, Delhi
Year : 1996
M.Tech in Electronics Engineering
Specialization in Microwave Engineering
Cochin University of Science & Technology
Year : 1989
Class : First Class
M.Sc. in Physics
Specialization in Applied Electronics
University of Kerala
Year : 1987
Class : First Class
* Antenna design, development and testing
* Microstrip and wire based antenna systems
* RF planning and management
* Calibration, test and measurement of RF systems
* Automation of RF test set-ups
* RF link computation and optimisation
* RF passive devices and components realization
MATLAB, MATCAD, IE3D, ANSOFT
TEST & MEASUREMENT TOOLS
* Scientific Atlanta's far-field pattern measurement systems
* Scientific Atlanta's Microwave Receivers
* Scientific Atlanta 's Positioner Controllers
* Scientific Atlanta 's Antenna Positioner
* HP 8510 series Network Analysers
* 62000 Marconi Microwave Test sets
Date of birth : 21 May 1965
Place of birth : Trivandrum, Kerala, India
Marital status : Married in July 1996
Children : One
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
T.C. 26/1828, PRA-G35,
Trivandrum - 695 001
Tel: 91-471-478589 (Res.) 91-471-564630 (off.)
Number : B2814208
Place of issue: Trivandrum
Date of Expiry: 07 December 2010
1. Presented two research papers on "superconducting microstrip resonators" in MMM-Intermag conference at Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, June 1994.
2. Published three International Journal papers and more than five conference papers
3. Awarded Dr. K.S.Krishnan Research Fellowship by Department of Atomic Energy for doing Ph.D.
4. Supervised five M.Tech level projects and seven B.Tech level projects.
5. Consultant to a microwave company for passive components design
6. Attended a short course on "Mobile Communication Networks" at IIT, Kanpur in October-November 1999.
1. ANNULAR RING MICROSTRIP PATCH ANTENNA SYSTEM FOR LAUNCH VEHICLE TO GEO-SATELLITE COMMUNICATION
Designed and developed a TM11 mode left circularly polarized annular ring microstrip patch antenna on a RT-Duroid substrate resonant at 400MHz. The circular polarization is achieved by using a sequential phase - equal power divider (strip line based) specially designed and developed using IE3D. The maximum gain measured was +7 dBi with a 3-dB beamwidth of 110 degrees. The axial ratio achieved is 0.8dB.
2. QUARTERWAVE SHORTED TRANSMISSION LINE ANTENNA SYSTEM ON GEO STATIONARY SATELLITE FOR IONOSPHERIC STUDIES
Designed and developed a quarter-wave shorted transmission line antenna. This antenna consists of a conducting rod, shorted at one end on a small ground plane. This antenna system has special characteristics of linear polarization in the principal planes and elliptical polarization in other selected planes. The measured gain is 5.5 dBi with the 3-dB beamwidth of 105 degrees.
3. QUARTERWAVE SHORTED AIR DIELECTRIC MICROSTRIP PATCH ANTENNA FOR TRACKING
Designed and developed a C-band quarter wave shorted microstrip antenna on air dielectric mounted on thin cylindrical body as a ground plane. The measured gain is +4.0 dBi with a beamwidth of 120 degrees. This is an omni-directional antenna well suited to cylindrical bodies.
4. DUAL POLARIZED MICROSTRIP PATCH ARRAY ANTENNA SYSTEM FOR TRANSMIT-RECEIVE MICROWAVE LINK(
Designed and developed a 4x4 and 2x2 microstrip patch array antenna system at 2.5GHz. The feed network of this system is designed so that one port can be used for transmission and the other port can be used as reception of signals with orthogonal polarization of -35dB cross polarization level. The gain of +20dBi with beamwidth of 16 degrees has been achieved. This replaces the duplexer system in the RF front end. Similar 2x2 array antenna system has the gain of +12dBi with the beamwidth of 32 degrees.
5. CIRCULARLY POLARIZED WAVEGUIDE FEED SYSTEM FOR REFLECTOR ANTENNA
Designed and developed a waveguide based circularly polarized feed at C-band frequency. The shorting pins are used to introduce the required phase difference between the orthogonal fields. The number of pins and its protrusion inside the waveguide are computed using ANSOFT.
6. AUTOMATED ANTENNA PATTERN MEASUREMENT SYSTEM
Developed the algorithm and programming for interfacing the microwave receiver and positioner controller (Scientific Atlanta) with computer and automated the full set-up for three dimensional pattern measurement, data acquisition, storage and retrieval. Post data analysis modules have been developed for the analysis of the antenna systems. After the data acquisition, various modules such as filtering, coverage factor computation, graphical analysis, gain-trajectory profile, search and retrieve data and ODBC format are enabled for post processes.
7. DEVELOPMENT OF SOFTWARE MODULE FOR THE ANALYSIS OF RADIATION DISTRIBUTION AND CONTOUR GAIN PROFILE(
Developed the software package using MATLAB and VB to plot the three- dimensional numerical data in to corresponding colour distribution plot for the analysis of antenna systems. Three-dimensional data files were created by two-dimensional set of files using MS-EXCEL. A filtering and control module has been developed using VB for uniformity. Using these modules, the ground station transmitter power or onboard RF power can be optimised for better link.
Junior Scientific Officer
To assist the group director for carrying out complex tasks, analysing various parameters for policy decisions, organizing the manpower and utility of resources for the smooth functioning of the organization
To supervise and monitor the activities of design, development and realization of the products with a proper procedure and data control. Maintain the necessary records and audit the process whenever required.
To guide the M.Tech and B.Tech students for their projects in the area of RF systems.