I am searching for a new microprocessor family for use in aerospace embedded system applications.
Current designs are using 8051's, 68332's, and a now extinct Texas Instruments
Our products are manufactured over a 20 year span. Design takes up to four years. We would
like to re-use compiled C code, so a standard insturction set is a must.
I would appreciate if someone could point me to a processor family with the following features:
1. future compatable instruction set (10 years into future at least, like powerpc)
2. floating-point capable
3. large industry support base (verification tools, compilers)
4. second source would be nice
5. Manufacturing lifetime of at least 5 years
6. RISC is preferable, but not a necessity
These can be commercial temperature range.