| Home | Terms of Use | Site Map | Contact Us |
IndustryCommunity.com > Electrical and Electronic Community > Technical Forum > Message
Main Menu

[ List Subjects ][ Post Message ]
[ View Followups ][ Post Followup ]

Subject: American power toolsin the UK

Date: 07/19/01 at 3:01 PM
Posted by: Bill
E-mail: wsd@postmaster.co.uk
Message Posted:

I am thinking about buying some power tools from the USA ('cos they are cheap). They are 110V. I am told this is different to the 110V used on UK building sites as they are "centre tapped to earth" thus giving 55V. Is this true ? Is there a cost effective transformer that I could use ?

Follow Ups:

Post a Follow-up:


Message to Post:


1999-2001 Sunlit Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.