| Home | Terms of Use | Site Map | Contact Us |
IndustryCommunity.com > Electrical and Electronic Community > Help Wanted Bulletin Board > Archives
Main Menu
Find

[ Post a Follow-up ][ New Thread ]

Subject: Solid State Relay Problems

Date: 12/06/99
Posted by: Simon Kelly
E-mail: skelly(at)themutual(dot)net(no spam)
URL: http://

I am having some problems with solid state relays, they are turning a contactor coil on and off. The ssr's have replaced existing mechanical relays, the reason for the change was because of new test parameters that now mean the supply voltage could be anywhere between 110-240VAC. The supply signal for the ssr's are stated as 80-260VAC and the o/p @ 280VAC (my output load is 240VAC). One circuit works ok most of the time but the other circuit does not switch off when the supply is cut to the ssr - I have checked the ssr to be working and also checked the circuit by putting the mechanical relay back in. Is alternative method of helping the ssr to switch and remain off? I have very little experience of these devices and would welcome any comments. Thanks in advance SK

Post a Follow-up:

This message has been here for a period of time, a follow-up seems unnecessary. In this place we have stopped the functions of [post a follow-up]. To discuss and communicate your ideas/info, you may use our new message boards, please go to: Electrical and Electronic Community

When you do want to contact the author of this message, you must replace the "(at)" with "@" and "(dot)" with "." in his/her e-mail address above. But, please do not spam...

New Thread:

To create a new thread, please go to the current board of discussion forums. On that page, click the [Post a Message] or [New Thread] link, then you will find the submit form.

There are more than 55 boards in our site. Please choose, according to your topics, an appropriate one to post your message. If you are new comers, we suggest you to go to our Homepage to have a clear knowledge of the subjects and the orientations of our site before you post any messages.

1999-2001 Sunlit Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.